Last night, I skipped part of the Tuesday night agricultural social media ritual known as #agchat. It’s cause Tuesdays in June & July are community pool night at my sister’s house! It’s something not to be missed, at least not too often. My sister loves her backyard — the pool, the garden, the grill and having people over to enjoy all of them is “her thing” in the summer. Actually, it’s a family thing cause everyone joins in.
And since we were starting June, I wanted to get over there. I was thrilled to see how much things had grown since I last shot video. (Have to confess to having been over but not taking video… thought some of you may be interested though.) And I was thrilled to eat my first home-grown tomato of the year! (It was a cherry tomato… at the urging of my niece and that tomato was very tasty!)
Reminders and new things to think about:
- Small spaces, trying to fully utilize it.
- Lots of the things the family uses — tomatoes, herbs and grilling veggies seem to get the most space.
- Water guns serve as irrigation at times. LOL.
- I TOTALLY forgot to video the strawberry beds along the garage but they rock! (You can see them behind the swimmers in this photo!)
- Tomatoes fresh from the vine…. nothing like that.
Anyway, here’s the video…. I hope you enjoy it! And whether you grow your own tomatoes, buy them at a farmer’s market or grocery store, lets all celebrate that tomatoes are becoming in-season in so many areas. And take a minute to thank a gardener (thanks Leslie!) or thank a farmer!